This week, I learned that I am totally ADD and greedy and want all the data. I also learned that all the data will definitely be too much data, and decided I will not be getting an iPhone just to use a select few iOS-only apps, so I’m going to use this space to determine my final line-up of trackers. Here goes:
- The “how are you feeling?” trackers:
- Affectiva, as we saw below, which uses computer vision and a webcam to translate facial markers to emotions. Will be using this to track my blinking as well.
- IBM’s Tone Analyzer and a key logger for a sentiment analysis keyboard. Will probably transfer text and format data manually for now, until I get time to set up something more automated.
- The “is your mind wandering/lonely?” trackers:
- The “what makes you happy?” tracker:
- The Track Your Happiness app is only available of iOS, but it’s simple enough that I may be able to build something similar if I have time (or use this: https://www.askmeevery.com/)
- Activity tracker: Google maps/pedometer in smartphone
- Social activities